Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hairstyles...again.

Ok, so I still like the last hairstyle I posted but I was looking at a few more today and realized I might want something fancier and more detailed, like the pictures I have posted here. I definitely want to somehow combine all these into my own unique style :) I know 2 things for sure: 1.) I don't want it completely up, I want it half-up, half-down, and 2.) I want a "bump"- not sure what the OFFICIAL name is, but it's a popular style and is shown in a few of these pictures. Since I will be wearing a tiara, a bump is perfect because it'd showcase the tiara nicely. Found a venue in Bethlehem I really liked- the Green Pond Country Club, but after contacting them, they already are booked for the date we chose. Since nothing is set in stone yet, we could consider changing the date if we really fell in love with that country club and they had another date available. Still calling places- Sean wants to visit the Poconos ones this weekend if possible. Hope everyone had a great holiday and thank you all for your input :) Special thanks to my amazing maid of honor Hillary who has been looking into things nonstop, planning & getting me excited about the big day (as far away as it may be!)- I appreciate your enthusiasm and dedication so much. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for an Italy honeymoon (of course it has to be Sean's decision too- and we have to make sure we would have the money for it, but I'm reallyyyy reallyyyy hoping and praying. Been to Italy once before & am totally head over heels in love with that country and have always wanted it to be my honeymoon spot someday- most romantic place in the world!) :p
P.S. Picked the song I want to walk down the aisle to- Sean & I both agreed on it immediately while listening to songs on my MP3 player- "Fields of Gold" by Sting. Seems corny, BUT it's just one of those heartwrenchingly emotional songs and if you listen to/read the lyrics, it's just the PERFECT song to walk down the aisle to and symbolize the start of a new life. Found this explanation of the song's lyrics online, which made me fall in love with it and deem it perfect for the ceremony even more!:
"The story is chronological. It is about courtship, marriage, and eventual death. The two people in the song meet, court, fall in love (at this point, he reveals that he has never really made such a strong promise/commitment to someone) but feels he is ready to now. "See the children run," (their offspring) and the "jealous sky" refer to the Heavens. Even Heaven is jealous of their love/relationship. The esteemed sun is jealous. Eventually, he dies and tells his love that they will always remember their love specifically, when she thinks of him, he wants to be personified as such... walking in fields of gold."
..I'm just hoping it doesn't make me cry like it did when we were listening to it! Haha, I'm a major dork...







No comments:

Post a Comment