Friday, January 2, 2009

Songs & Hairstyles


Sean and I have been discussing small details such as ceremony & reception songs. We are so excited to have one of my best friends and bridesmaids, Gina, sing at our wedding. I also got good news today from my maid of honor, Hillary. Her good friend Ozzy's mom works at David's Bridal and they're trying to hook me up with a discount on a wedding dress. That'd be very helpful because the dress is one thing I'm allotting a good amount of our budget towards. Come on, I'm a girl, I need to have the fairytale dress that I've always dreamed about. That's the one thing I won't budge on! So, back to songs. I love most country music and Sean does not. That being said, country songs are usually have some of the best and most romantic ballads, and I found many I would love to dance to for our first song. Sean, however, would prefer something along the lines of the Beatles or something classic. We'll obviously have to compromise somehow. I have my heart set right now on Rascall Flatts "Take Me There", Brad Paisley "She's Everything" or a Shania Twain ballad. He would prefer "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney, which is a good song but...I don't know how thrilled I'd be with it being our song. We will discuss! I'm still not sure what I want to walk down to the aisle to, but I did listen to "Storybook Love" from the Princess Bride as an option, and liked it, as well as "Only Time" by Enya and "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge. I'm more of a contemporary girl, so I'd prefer those types of songs to, say for instance, the wedding march or something traditional like that.

As for hairstyle, I found the perfect picture of how I want mine done. I'm thinking I will dye it darker because that will look good for pictures, and then have extensions put in as well. Then I want it curled a little and pinned back on the sides, as the picture shows above. I think it's the perfect style for me because I knew I didn't want an updo or anything too polished, plus Sean loves when my hair is down and curled slightly.
Also have made a pact to myself to lose 25 pounds before the wedding. That may sound like alot, but I think it's the perfect number in order to slim down a bit and tone while keeping my curves (hopefully). I have plenty of time to make this happen, and I know I will since I have a goal in mind- and a gym membership!

No comments:

Post a Comment