Sunday, January 11, 2009

Italy, Italy, Italy.

So I start school again tomorrow, and as of now I will not have much time to plan and write in here. However, I will try my best! A few good things have happened in the past week: I found the dress I want, we picked a theme for our wedding, we picked our song, and we have appointments at venues this week (since the snow this weekend ruined our plans). Ok so first things first- the theme. I've been toying around with the idea of an Italian theme, since my mom's side of the family is Italian and I've always had a love affair with Italy. I mentioned it to Sean's mom and she loved it and offered some great suggestions, so I asked Sean if it was okay with him and he said yes! So our theme will be Italy- ranging from Italian food, Italian music, a cannoli cake, white, green & red linens & flowers, and invitations made with postcards of Italy. Also, our placecards will be set in a wine cork, an idea I got off of a website. We may even find posters/pictures of Italy to frame or hang around the reception site. I'm VERY excited for all this. My mom and Sean's mom are very crafty so I'm sure they'll be able to help with making things. Next- our song. We've picked (and it's tentative) for our first dance- "I'll Stand By You" by the Pretenders. I've always loved this song and luckily Sean does too. Next and most importantly- MY DRESS!!! Loved Maggie Sottero dresses and Sean bought me a bridal magazine this weekend in which I found my dream dress. It's totally not the princess, poufy style I had originally wanted- but it's amazingly perfect regardless. The back is the selling point- it's just incredible. I have my heart set on it. Lastly, we are checking out a venue this Thursday and then hopefully checking out the Inn at Reading too. I'll keep yas updated! Here is my dress, feel free to drool, cuz I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment